Yes, it’s been awhile. Keeping up with blogging is tough!
There are so many factors that cause teachers to get the “November Blues” (Thanks to Brad Marsh for the term!) Here are some observations:
- The energy of a new school year is waning for teachers
- Teachers’ candy & chocolate supply dwindles in November
- The days are getting shorter
- The weather is getting cold, so teachers stay indoors longer, get less exercise
- There are no holidays (ie; long weekends) for teachers to look forward to
- There is a mountain of work that teachers have procrastinated on
- Midterm Report Cards are sent out in November
- Parent Interviews are usually in November
This is why Teachers hate November.
Now go back, read it again and replace the word Teachers with Students.